Sunday, March 17, 2013

Resurrection Eggs

We talked about looking at the Christian symbols in Easter toys and candy. My friend Rilla in Colorado told me about Resurrection Eggs her grandson had brought over. I saw the same thing in the Family Christian bookstore catalog I received in the mail. Each egg has a small symbol that tells the story of the week that led up to Jesus' crucifixion, except the last one. The final egg is empty because the tomb was empty. The body of Jesus wasn't there! Christ arose from the grave. Isn't that amazing?! Praise the Lord God!

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ gives you and me new life too. We don't have to be disappointed, or sad, or angry. We can be set free from all that yucky stuff when we accept the joy of Easter and live each day for the love of God. Let us pray:

"Father God, for this Easter time, may I see your love when I see a chocolate bunny and Jesus' sacrifice when I see candy crosses. I ask for a religious expereince this Easter holiday. The Lord Jesus Christ died for me  - and he rose so that I can live for him. Amen"
Doris
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment