Monday, March 11, 2013

EASTER CANDY

Do you know why people created The Easter Bunny? They thought it was a good way to teach children that the new born bunny was like the new life we have when we believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God. It sounds nice, but the Easter Bunny isn't real. The new life we are promised because Jesus died and rose from the dead for us, is very real.

If you want to see the Peeps or stuffed bunnies as symbols of Easter, then enjoy the taste and play, but don't mix up truth with fiction. They can be fun candy to eat at this time of year, but that is all.

Jesus' resurrection from death did not make a rabbit come to life, it made you and me come alive in his world, in the kingdom of God. This Easter, remember we celebrate the holiday because it is holy, not because it is sweet or fuzzy. Let us pray:

"Father God, you are the one God of us all. And, this Easter, I want you to be my only true God. I thank Jesus for being willing to die for me. When he rose from the dead to new life, he lifted me up too. I want to have him in my heart forever. In the power of Jesus name I pray.  Amen"
Doris
"Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp"

No comments:

Post a Comment