Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pray for Those Who Are Bullied

Let's pray for kids who are bullied. I know some of you haven't told anyone about it. The bully may have threatened you or you may be embarrassed and feel crummy inside. They may say your parents will be punished or in danger if the word gets out. They may say no one will believe you. But, whatever the reason, you have not told anyone. Your silence has given them power.

Tell your parents, tell your teacher or principal, tell a trusted friend, grandparent, Sunday school teacher or pastor. Use your cell phone to get their stinkin' words on a recording or maybe a video clip. You have power. God will give you strength. Let us pray:

"Papa God, I am amazed by you. Give me strength to get back the power over my life that a bully has tried to take away. I belong to you, Father, I give you all the power over my life. Guide me to the person I can trust to tell about the bully. Give me strength to speak truth to meanness and lies. I trust you God. In the name of your son, Jesus, I pray.  Amen"

Dr. Doris Rapp
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment