Sunday, February 10, 2013

Courage to Speak

A child told me today that she didn't speak her mind to her dad because she usually just sits back and lets others talk. Her dad has been gone a lot lately and she needs him at home. She needs courage to speak up in confident, loving tones. She could pray:

"Father God, you are so amazing, I know I don't understand all your ways. I want to be close to you. I ask you to give me the courage and strength to tell my dad how I feel. I don't want to be angry or sad. I just what to tell him that I need him. Forgive me when I have not told him how I really feel. You are all powerful. I trust you to give me the courage to speak truth in love. In the name of Jesus, your son, I pray.  Amen"
Dr. Doris Rapp
Copyright 2013 Doris Gaines Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment